Just before the end of the Christmas holidays, Paul got a chance to talk to Mike Smyth, guest host of the Simi Sara show on CKNW, about using the New Year to boost our efforts to teach our children great financial skills.
To hear this six-minute segment, you have three choices! Not sure which you will find easiest, so we’ll spell all three out and let you decide…
OPTION 1: LISTEN ONLINE:
To listen to it online, your first option, follow these steps:
- Go to Simi Sara’s program page
- Scroll to the bottom of the page where the show recordings begin
- Look for the episode entitled “Simi Sara Show – Mon Jan 2nd – Hour 2.” (You will likely need to scroll through a few pages before you find it, depending on when you see this post and how many new shows have been posted since today.)
- Once there, make sure you pick the 2nd hour and click the little grey triangle to begin playback
- Once it starts playing, you can drag the bar that shows how much of the recording has played (the dark grey indicates the section that has been played already) over to the right until the time on the right-hand-side of the of bar reads 10:35, then release it and let it begin playing from there. You’ll hear the tail end of the previous interview about fitness, and then it’s Paul’s turn.
OPTION 2: DOWNLOAD MP3:
Another option is to download an mp3 recording of the show to your computer:
- First, follow the instructions above to search for the online recording
- Make sure select the 2nd Hour — you won’t hear Paul if you choose the 1st hour!
- Click on the green Download button to the left of the playback controller
- If your computer works like ours (who knows if it will? computers… heh…), the file should download and then automatically open in your favourite mp3 player. (We like iTunes.) If it doesn’t, your computer may ask you what to do with the file you just downloaded, in which case you’ll want to tell it to open the recording in the mp3 player you like to use the most.
- Once you start playing it back, you can jump to the section where Paul’s interview begins, at about 27:55 in.
OPTION 3: GET THE PODCAST THROUGH ITUNES:
This one requires that you have iTunes installed, but you don’t have to hunt quite so hard to find the recording:
- Go to Simi Sara’s program page, as in Option 1,
- Scroll to the bottom of the page where you see her picture
- Look for the little box to the right of her picture that says, “Get the Podcast”
- Click on “Subscribe via iTunes” and follow your computer’s instructions
- Once the podcast opens in iTunes, you’ll still need to go get the exact segment you need to hear Paul
- Scroll down through the podcast index and look for “Simi Sara Show – Mon Jan 2nd – Hour 2″
- Click on the little grey button to the right of the name that says “Get”
- Use the diamond-shaped scrubber in the playback controller at the top of your iTunes window to jump forward to about 27:55 in to hear the beginning of Paul’s interview.
We are hoping to get permission to re-post just the clip with Paul’s interview here for you, which would make all this so much easier, so stay tuned!
After you listen, please leave your comments and questions below!